FESTIVALS & EVENTS MANAGER
The Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) requires a suitably qualified professional to fill a Festivals & Events Manager (FEM) leadership/management position.
Under the direction of the DDA’s CEO/Director of Tourism, FEM will be responsible for the promotion, marketing and management of major festivals and special events in Dominica, eg, Carnival, Jazz ‘n Creole and World Creole Music Festival ; and provide effective leadership, accountability and management of unit activities in the conduct of the events and entertainment pillar. The individual will be required to work closely with regional and international agencies and stakeholders, as well as local public and private sector groups, artists, performers and the entertainment industry as a whole.
- Ensure adequate advance planning, implementation, periodic review of unit plans and programs and communicate information effectively through written correspondence, oral communication, preparation of reports and reviews.
- Ensure sub-committees for events i.e. WCMF, Carnival, Village Fetes and Festivals operate effectively, efficiently and professionally.
- Conduct pre- and post-event meetings with sub-committees and staff and maintain communication with law enforcement and emergency medical services as key event stakeholders.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the activities of staff, vendors and contractors as required to successfully execute assigned events through a process of event orders submitted through the chair of each sub-committee.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with service providers and other event service providers; and monitor contracted services and delivery and report any deviations to the project sponsor within a specified time frame.
· Communicate effectively with upline management and project sponsors regarding strategic plans, policies and operational programs.
· Demonstrate leadership in the effective management of personnel, administration, budgeting and other fiscal responsibilities as project manager and lead for each event and overall.
Education/training and experience:
- The successful candidate should have at least five (5) years of experience in a leadership position, be familiar with the arts and entertainment industry, be computer literate, and have strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- The position requires a highly motivated individual with strong decision-making ability and good public relations skills. Candidates should have relevant qualifications or experience in event management and project management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- High level of competence in the use of information and communication technologies
- Good understanding of business principles and the business environment in which Discover Dominica Authority operates
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
The position is to be filled on a contractual basis, subject to renewal by decision of the Board of Directors.
Application Process and Timeline:
Indicate your interest by sending your cover letter, resume and three (3) references to include at least two (2) most recent employers in sealed envelopes, marked Confidential application for the position of Festivals and Events ManagerDiscover Dominica Authority and addressed to:
The CEO/Director of Tourism
Discover the Authority of Dominica
Ground floor and 1st floor, 5-7 Great Marlborough Street
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of applications is December 16, 2022.