We are looking for a super talented Art Director to join the team.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be a key member of the Customer Experience team that drives the artistic photographic vision, inspires and supports the team to create compelling and artistically exceptional work for various campaigns on our commercial platforms. This includes leading a team through the ideation, design and execution of the deployment of campaign assets across print and digital platforms, including social media and video. It requires a proactive, organized and creative thinker who will seize the creative opportunities within our evolving market.
As a leader, the art director should be able to lead the film crew to respond to campaign direction by coordinating and overseeing the work, while setting up workshops and running multiple campaign cycles at the same time. This role requires the ability to balance the creative capacity of the team, while providing them with mentorship to inspire exceptional creative thinking and a high standard of work. The candidate is responsible for the management of external resources, including suppliers, photographers, freelancers and contractors. They build strong relationships and communicate regularly with key stakeholders, highlighting opportunities and threats to further improve the creative production and brand workflow process.
The art director will have a natural eye for design and will take the opportunity to work closely with the design team. They are passionate about delivering ambitious communications that connect and meet the needs of our audiences. You must be prepared to work in a fast paced environment with an international client, able to diligently manage budget and time constraints while consistently producing high quality work that continually improves engagement with our 22 year old population. .
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a great sense of humor are a must. Based in North Geelong and flexible with working from home throughout the week, but leading a practical team you need to be able to travel to the Melbourne and Geelong areas.
• An art director who is immensely passionate and loves anything creative.
• Lead a talented artistic team to complete projects and find creative solutions to technical challenges.
• Able to manage filming brief projects from production to completion.
• A natural speaker, playful with your delivery.
• Define the visual direction of a campaign in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders (mood boards, equipment documents, filming plan, references, descriptions)
• Roll up your sleeves and demonstrate exceptional artistry.
• Help and mentor campaign specialists to develop their skills and grow as team members.
• Guide the team and external subcontractors to complete projects to a standard that meets or exceeds project expectations.
• Identify opportunities for process and technology improvement and collaborate with the team to implement them.
• Minimum X years of experience as an artistic director.
• Review and approve the work developed by the artistic team. Provide clear, objective, constructive and empathetic critiques of creative work.
• Very creative, but understands the need to strike a business balance.
• Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
• A strategic thinker, always looking at the bigger picture.
• Customer-obsessed, delivering an omnichannel experience.
• Meticulous attention to detail and a great sense of aesthetics.
• Hunt and seek opportunities to improve the quality of work.
• Able to develop and execute creative projects from concept to completion.
• Experienced in accepting briefs and leading the creative direction to deploy print and digital material required in campaigns, environments, interactions, social media, activations and events.
• Maintains a high quality of execution on several projects, in several countries.
• Team player and outgoing nature, enjoys collaborating and working across departments, soliciting feedback and striving for the best customer experience results.
• A positive attitude with a dynamic personality.
• Curious-minded and keeps abreast of processes, technology and trends.
• A natural leader.
• A little concerned about your screen time on social networks
• Keeps abreast of the global creative industry.
• A keen interest in interactive media such as augmented reality.
Competence and experience:
• Higher diploma such as a bachelor’s degree in the creative field
• Proven skills in communication, leadership and people management.
• Maintain a project-based work journal with a strict schedule process and communicate with other departments
• Experience in the filming division, from the concept of artistic direction to the final imagery produced
• Experience in managing filming production (photos and video), finding and negotiating talent.
• Skills in developing campaign ideas and creative content that allow for public relations and moments of sharing (beyond an image)
• Experience working closely and collaboratively with graphic designers, stylists and producers and understanding visual and verbal briefs is essential
• Knowledge of the fashion industry or housewares essential.
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Slack / Trello / Team Mondays are your friends
• Video skills a plus
• Capturing skills are a plus
• UX / UI skills an asset
• XD knowledge an asset
We are committed to personal and professional development, which is supported by an ever growing and expanding structure. We believe our employees deserve the best space for their best work and to support this we provide:
• We are committed to your personal and professional development. You will develop exponentially creatively outside of your role. You will work alongside and learn to collaborate with so many forward-thinking young players. Art direction, graphic design, copywriting, social coordinators, digital producers, illustrators, VM specialists, store elevation specialists, online and offline marketers with international experience.
• Considering the change + shift in the ways of working over the past 18 months, this is a required criterion for many young creatives as the ability to work from home has become an expected + standard in the industry. . (Once set up and installed in the team, this role can / will be shared between office work and remote work).
• Bounces galore. A comprehensive wellness center (no joke) including a brand new gym, state-of-the-art equipment, physiotherapists and an osteopath on site.
• Onsite cafe offering delicious (and healthy) meals, coffee and snacks. Even take meals home if you started late and plan to finish late.
• Team days and events to celebrate our work
• You have a dog ? Bring them. We love them.
• We will stop there. We literally have an internal website dedicated to all the amazing things on offer.