|Remote work:||Some telecommuting allowed|
|Level of education:||Diploma|
|Own transportation required:||Yes|
We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent automotive knowledge and a proven track record in automotive content creation (written and video, including video editing experience), automotive experience, presenter experience, as well a passion for the automotive industry and existing automotive contacts. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and creating first-class automotive content, both written and video; including but not limited to car reviews and comparisons, news articles, practical/safety/driving tips/DIY/expert car buying tips, podcasts and television if necessary. As well as scripting, filming, presenting and editing video content.
The successful candidate will need to adhere to strict content submission deadlines, be self-motivated, work under pressure, have a keen eye for detail, be able to multi-task, and be willing to work after hours as and when required. the business needs content to support the business, sponsorships/events and campaigns.
- Leverage existing relationships with OEMs to source vehicles and content opportunities.
- Attend car launches, network and represent the brand.
- Deepen, strengthen and build new relationships with OEMs and PR.
- Write detailed car reviews, including comparisons.
- Attend car launches and create content on the go, including first driving impressions, as well as video and social media content.
- News writing, how-to/safety/driving tips/DIY articles/expert car buying tips delivered on time.
- Written content to be provided with bespoke images taken by the successful candidate.
- Scripting and presenting in videos (on location, YouTube, other social media platforms at events, etc.)
- Filming and editing videos
- Preparing and scripting appearances on our automotive vodcasts.
- Present at various automotive events as required.
- Content creation according to the content plan.
- Delivery of content before the deadline.
- Adherence to digital content best practices.
- Make sure the amount of content is delivered.
- Make sure the quality of the content is of a high standard.
- Content Expert on our Automotive Podcast.
- Ensure that all content created is bespoke and unique to the AutoTrader website (no plagiarism will be tolerated).
- Create content in our tools, upload content to the CMS and publish it to the site once approved.
- Support the business with events, sponsorships and campaigns when content creation is needed.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in digital content.
- Content performance tracking.
- SEO and digital best practices.
- Experience writing digital content.
- Experience/knowledge of social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) as well as knowledge of how to use these platforms, including the latest social media trends.
- Knowledge and use of various online tools such as content management systems, Google Analytics, platform-based analytics e.g. YouTube Analytics, etc.
- Video shooting knowledge/experience. (Shooting video content as well as video editing)
- Video presentation (TV experience, presentation in video content)
- Self-editing/proofreading ability.
- Google Docs (sheets, docs, slides, etc.).
- High levels of precision and attention to detail.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience filming automotive content and editing it.
- Previous presentation in the video experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Ability to show initiative, work independently and make decisions.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Lead time.
- Team player.
- People oriented.
- Ability to cope with high levels of stress.
- Work after hours if necessary.
In order to continue efforts to grow our diverse culture at AutoTrader, please note that first preference will be given to EE candidates who possess the required skills and experience as outlined in the job description.
What you need to know about us:
AutoTrader is South Africa’s premier auto marketplace with a 27-year history. Using state-of-the-art technology, we bring buyers and sellers together on all types of vehicle platforms. Our websites and applications attract more than 9 million visits per month on more than 70,000 vehicles. AutoTrader is passionate about people and has a corporate social responsibility program that helps South Africans get their driver’s license with our free K53 guides and tutorials.
Published on April 13 12:36, Closing date June 12