Be part of something special.
Black Box is a leading music marketing and artist development agency founded by Livia Tortella (Warner Bros. Records, Atlantic Records, Def Jam) and founded on principles set by veterans of major labels. Over the 5+ years of the Company’s tenure, Black Box has been instrumental in the success of hundreds of artists, from developing big label superstars to healthy independent career artists, fostering a business of sustainable growth, year after year.
With over half a decade and relentless pursuit to build the first modern agency for the future, Black Box continues to expand our creative footprint with a serious commitment to creative development.
By design, Black Box is a boutique organization, designed to support the growth of our young talent, create upward mobility journeys and establish leaders in the music industry. We have a vibrant team culture and an attitude based on an unwavering passion for the empowerment, development and service of artists.
As part of the Record Label division, Black Box is looking to hire an Art Director to support the creative needs of the agency and label.
If you are passionate about music, have a great creative instinct, enjoy working with artists, and enjoy bonding with others as part of a growing business with an entrepreneurial spirit, We would like to hear from you.
- Ability to manage creative mission projects through a network of entrepreneurs
- Maintain an active list and network of creatives
- Generate clear visual ideas and concepts in tandem with the marketing team
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Bring work from concept to final execution on time
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide guidance
- Present completed ideas to clients / team members
- Stay on top of all the trends and best practices
- Creation of visual guides
- Attending meetings with artists and clients, including our creative kickoff meeting with new clients
- Creating Instagram filters
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Confirmed work experience as an artistic director
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout, print production, image selection, and packaging design
- Advanced use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design applications
- Demonstrated graphic design skills with a strong portfolio in various artist styles
- Ability to integrate comments and take / give directions well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Basic web design and development skills. Ability to create a Squarespace, WordPress or Wix site from start to finish