Saskia Neuman, Global Artistic Director, Absolut
Saskia is Global Art Manager at Absolut and Director of Absolute Art Prize, a biennial award that provides funding to an artist and art writer to develop and present their respective dream projects.
The finalists for the Absolut Art Award 2017 in the Art Work category are Simon Denny, Anne Imhof, Shahryar Nashat, Cameron Rowland, Anicka Yi and Samson Young, and the finalists for Art Writing are Huey Copeland, Johanna Fateman, Orit Gat, Isabelle Graw and Shanay Jhaveri. The winners will be announced on May 12, 2017.
1. The best place I have stayed in Venice isâ¦
an apartment on Calle del Cristo, Castello in 2009, working for the Biennale on the exhibition Fare Mondi – Creating worlds … The best hotel I have stayed in is Bucintoro Hotel – amazing location, good breakfast, fun nautical decor.
2. The best meal I have ever had in Venice wasâ¦ tagliolini with spider crab at Antiche Carampane.
3. One thing that anyone visiting Venice for the Biennale really shouldn’t miss isâ¦ Burano. 40 minutes by boat from Venice, this is the Isle of Lace, has its own Grand Canal and this amazing restaurant Ramano Trattoria. Visit after seeing all the pavilions and the Arsenale and need a change of pace.
- VIP guide to the art world in Venice
- VIP guide to FAD’s art world in Venice
- Saskia Neuman
Mark Westall is the founder and editor-in-chief of FAD magazine Founder and co-editor of Art of Conversation and founder of the @worldoffad platform
We have just been in Stockholm for The Absolut Art Weekend
Daniel Hug has been Director of Art Cologne since 2008.
Chus MartÃnez is currently director of the Art Institute of FHNW Basel, and has been appointed curator of KÃ¶lnSkulptur # 9
Dr Neil Wenman is Senior Director at Hauser & Wirth, an international gallery with spaces in Zurich, London, New York, Los Angeles, Somerset and Gstaad.