Objective of the role
The Planning Manager will work closely with the Senior Director, On Air Graphics and the Project Management team to plan upcoming work, track resource expenditures of ongoing projects, and forecast long-term needs to ensure appropriate service staffing levels. Basically, they will manage the ScheduAll-based scheduling system on a daily basis, ensuring current and accurate reporting and updating of work orders from all artists and project managers. This position is “the hub of the wheel” of the On Air Graphics department and the successful candidate will work one-on-one with all department staff and freelancers, touching on every planned and ongoing project.
- Accurately maintain ScheduAll-based reporting system to track staff hours billed against specific projects to accurately assess and track job costs and establish timelines from which to base future work/ offers
- Serve as a liaison between all members of the department: art directors, designers and project managers as well as senior department heads, developing planning and staffing requirements for all projects
- Create monthly reports showing production/service usage hours to submit to our finance partners
- Interpret data and create monthly reports for senior management
- Create long-term staffing reports showing project and department staffing needs a year or more in advance
- Work with HR to onboard new hires and submit freelancer timecards
- Work with Engineering and Facilities for departmental infrastructure needs
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in long-term scheduling and planning, ideally within a finance department and/or project management team;
- Must be comfortable with ScheduAll and/or Xytech
Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong presentation, communication and diplomacy skills with the ability to quickly and fairly identify solutions and solve problems
- Ability to team up with project managers to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
- Love of data and data interpretation; able to “read the tea leaves” and tell the story of the department based on the data generated by the department
- Interested candidate must submit a resume via www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and weekends on short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unlimited work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 or older
- Must submit a certificate disclosing your Covid-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submit your vaccination record no later than 7 days after starting employment
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 upon commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the company determines your position requires access to an NBCUniversal job site
- Must be willing to adhere to all company Covid-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal affiliated companies to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law
- Understanding of TV network environment as well as graphic files and BOM is a plus.
- Love of sport a plus
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a leading motion picture company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class theme parks and ad-supported premium service. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for inclusion for all. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and our impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, uniformed service membership, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner that complies with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.