After being canceled last year due to the pandemic, the Indiana Art Association recently hosted its 78th annual Spring Show at the Artists Hand Gallery in Indiana. The members-only exhibit was presented by a jury of Johnstown painter and journalist Kim Williams.
At an opening reception in June, new officers were introduced and Crystal Lifetime Membership Awards were presented to Beverly Young and William Double in recognition of their many years of service.
Janie Leck-Grela, new IAA President, thanked members and the community for their support of local artists.
She said: “As we are finally able to come together, celebrate and show off our talents, I know there will be many opportunities for us to grow as an organization and as individuals. . “
The following awards have been announced:
• Best of Show, Candace Joseph, “Bang”
• First professional place, Jolene Joyner, “Peonies and the Pink Cup”
• Second professional place, Lou Ann Gallaner, “Thunder Cloud”
• Third professional place, Leck-Grela, “Cactus”
• Non-professional first place, Elle Wood, “Heart Akimbo”
• Non-professional second place, Sharon Boykiw, “Skeptic”
• Third place non-professional, Faye Kershishnik, “Two Apples”
• Professional photography, first place, Cheri Widzowski, “Swana’s Violin”
• Professional photography, second place, Joy Fairbanks, “Anthurium”
• Non-professional photography, first place, Matthew Bartus, “Spain # 1”
• Non-professional photography, second place, JD Varner, “Americana”
• David Young Memorial Photography Award, Fred Hummel, “Perseverance”