|Level of education:||Diploma|
|Employment Policy:||Employment equity position|
|Company:||University of Stellenbosch|
- Plan and develop communication campaigns and copies for members of the rectorate through a variety of channels and media;
- Define risks, issues, challenges and communication opportunities in collaboration with internal partners;
- Align results in various formats with divisional and institutional strategic policy documents.
- Support the media office by identifying news and positioning opportunities, and developing specialized content aligned with institutional themes and objectives;
- Provide communications advisory support to the Rectorate and act as the official spokesperson for the University, when requested;
- Monitoring and analysis of external media concerning members of the Rectorate.
Governance and Reporting:
- Compile quarterly management reports to Council and Senate for the Rector, in collaboration with the Executive Director: Rectorate;
- Compile the content of various institutional reports on behalf of the Rectorate.
- Develop strategic content for the University’s social media channels on behalf of Rectorate members;
- Assist in the development of content for the University’s digital platforms, including the SU website, videos, mailers and podcasts on behalf of Rectorate members, in collaboration with internal partners.
- Formulate speeches for members of the Rectorate and prepare/coordinate accompanying content;
- Feed speech repositories and other written and audiovisual communication documents in consultation with internal partners.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in communications, media, journalism, public relations, politics, philosophy or education;
- A minimum of ten years of experience in a media or corporate communications environment;
- Extensive experience in research, writing and media production at senior level;
- Writing portfolio on a wide range of topics;
- Strong systematic organizational skills;
- Proven experience in media liaison or public relations;
- The ability to function effectively in a multilingual and multicultural environment;
- Ability to work irregular hours (including weekends) and travel;
- Computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook and Teams;
- The ability to report information accurately along with strong attention to detail.
- Postgraduate university degree;
- Experience in multimedia production (online, radio, television);
- Experience as a speechwriter or activist;
- Experience in a public relations or higher education environment.
Start of duties: July 1, 2022 or as soon as possible thereafterClosing Date: May 25, 2022Requests for this position: Ms Tertia Kruger on 021 808 9730 or target=”_blankInquiries regarding compensation/benefits, as well as technical assistance for the electronic application process: Human Resources Customer Service Center on 021 808 2753, or target=”_blankStellenbosch University reserves the right not to make appointments.Your application, consisting of a full curriculum vitae (including names and email addresses of at least three referees)must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised position.APPLY ONLINE AT https://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers USING THE APPLY NOW LINK IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THE SPECIFIC OFFER PAGE.The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all applicants.If no feedback is received from the University within four to six weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Published on May 13 11:40, Closing date May 25