The Beach Hotel Byron Bay is an iconic destination of live music and hospitality overlooking the golden sands and sparkling waters of Byron Bay’s main beach. Renowned for its genuine hospitality and sprawling sunny beer garden, The Beachy is a place where people congregate and immerse themselves in the Byron vibe. It’s as welcoming to tourists as it is a home to locals.
Over the past 2 years of ownership change, a $1 million investment has been made in the Beachy’s audio and lighting infrastructure, providing touring artists and guests with a world-class hospitality experience. The Beach Hotel is committed to supporting live art and offers the most extensive offer in the country, with more than 32 concerts per week.
To take our artistic offering to the next level, we are looking for a Production Manager to lead our established audio and entertainment team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all production on site, including weekly production meetings, audiovisual needs and artist requirements
- Support the Head of Marketing and Head of Programming and Curatorial to meet all artist requirements, including technical and hospitality riders (including backline)
- Collaborate with operations management to enable the smooth running of live shows
- Oversee the maintenance of all venue audio visuals to ensure a world-class experience for staff, performers and patrons.
- Create and maintain an AV inventory database
- Design and maintain the AV network infrastructure
- Develop and maintain business relationships with suppliers
- Generate training/development opportunities for the audio team
- Ensure compliance and security standards are met
- Manage team rosters
What we are looking for:
- A passionate leader in mood curation from sight to sound, empowering an equally passionate team
- A collaborative approach and a positive attitude
- Minimum 2 years experience in live music production
- Cert 2 in Audinate Dante / Audio Networking
- Proven experience of collaborating within large teams
- Proven ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- A leader, innovator and relationship builder
- Hospitality experience is a plus, but not a deciding factor
Why join the Beachy Team:
Not only are we in one of Australia’s most sought-after holiday locations, the Beach Hotel is committed to providing its team with opportunities to grow and excel in their careers in a fun, engaging and rewarding. The Beachy empowers staff to share their passionate and driven nature with like-minded, driven, customer-centric teams, who together continue to push boundaries through critical thinking, personalized experiences, and competitive advantages.
We pride ourselves on living up to our values and are committed to truly embracing our Team Promise every day.
Benefits of working at the Beach Hotel Byron Bay:
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
- Work with state-of-the-art sound and lighting equipment
- Generous site-wide staff discounts
- Enjoy a dynamic, high-energy workplace
- Be surrounded by an established and supportive team
- Staff incentives and social events
- A view of one of Australia’s most iconic beaches from your job!
- A sense of belonging and connection to the local community
- A strong corporate culture focused on high performance
- Make “global” friends for life
If you have the experience and skills we are looking for and the “Byron vibe” is calling you, apply today! Come join the renowned Beachy Team!