|Remuneration:||R20000 – R30000 per month cost for business|
|Remote work:||Optional remote work allowed|
GVI is an award-winning social enterprise with four brands in its portfolio: GVI People, GVI Planet, Bushwise Field Guides and Impact Academy. We connect our participants around the world with communities and wildlife in amazing places. With us, you meet like-minded people, learn from organizations that protect our natural world and empower other humans, and find your purpose.
We are looking for a Social Media Content Producer who will take GVI’s global success to the next level on our social media. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining content plans for multiple social platforms, implementing an ambitious social media strategy. The position requires mining and analyzing social data in order to report to the business and evolve your content based on that information.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious digital native, comfortable working on social platforms and active on your own accounts. This is a new and unique role and you have a huge opportunity to help shape the future of GVI content marketing with your great content.
A middleweight candidate who has an exciting background in creating digital marketing and social media content.
You are creative, intelligent and committed to youth culture. You want to showcase and grow your marketing skills through applications in the rapidly changing social media space.
You love travel, culture and wildlife, and you want access to amazing content in these areas. You’re not content to do what has always been done – you want to research, invent and test ideas in collaboration with other talented people.
This is a new and unique role best suited to someone who is highly organized, able to communicate well, honest and empathetic. You will create and manage content for multiple social platforms and campaigns, so you must be able to work independently, handle many tasks simultaneously, and collaborate within a team of ambitious and driven creators. You must agree to appear on GVI’s social feeds.
What will you do
- Be one of our in-house experts on organic social media content, platforms, developments and trends
- Bring the latest insights and best practices to GVI to help grow our social reach and engagement
- Create content to maximize our audiences on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, with a particular focus on rapid expansion on Instagram and TikTok
- Collaborate with our video strategist to develop social video content, especially for Instagram, TikTok and YouTube
- Contribute to social media strategies to deploy channel strategies, stories and major campaigns
- Stay on top of emerging and unused platforms at GVI (like Discord) and be ready to create quickly when it’s right
- Actively monitor social media for the latest news and hot topic opportunities and respond by generating, editing and publishing content to join these conversations quickly
- Be proactive in suggesting and testing new content ideas and formats to drive rapid growth and engagement
- Respect GVI’s ethics and values in all content created
- Support, train and advise GVI staff on social media best practices as needed
- Collaborate with GVI staff to generate content
- Be immersed in our audience demographics – Gen Zers primarily in the UK and US – to speak their language authentically and create content that resonates with them
- Be passionate about all things GVI and the content our audience shares, likes, recommends and talks about
- Extract and analyze social data and generate reports to demonstrate ROI
- Support the Community Manager to elevate GVI customer service on social media if necessary
- Support the PPC Specialist and wider marketing team on content tasks that may not relate to organic social media
- Work closely with the Social Media Strategist, Social Media Community Manager and Digital Marketing Intern to ensure GVI’s social presence supports our marketing objectives
what you will need
- In-depth knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube as well as familiarity with other current digital platforms Discord
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of how people interact with content on different social platforms
- Excellent understanding of a Gen Z audience, especially in the US and UK
- Excellent instinct for spotting stories – able to quickly jump on trends and conversations
- Excellent visual eye for design and video briefing and review
- Ability to write crisp, clean copy
- Organized, efficient and with good attention to detail
- An appreciation of the complex issues that surround working in a social enterprise – you must be able to engage in conversations about conservation, social justice, and identity politics, among others, in a way that represents GVI’s ethos
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience working on social media campaigns
- An excellent portfolio of works
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in digital marketing, communication, advertising, design or similar
- Experience with planning and reporting tools – social listening is advantageous
GVI is a multi-award winning international social enterprise whose mission is to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries around the world aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a personal growth platform, and our people have the ability to grow across teams, departments and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above all else.
You can learn more about the types of work we do and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, portfolio and link to your LinkedIn profile.
Please note: We will do our best to respond to all applicants, however, given the large number of applications we receive, this may not always be possible. If you do not hear from us within three to four weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on Jun 06 15:08, Closing date Aug 5