During shoots, you will focus on the scene as the main operator of the on-stage workflow. You will be responsible for the continuous development and improvement of the virtual production workflow, evaluating new technologies and leading a virtual studio technical team.
What you will do:
- Development, testing and maintenance of Unreal Engine workflows and technology and integration with traditional production technology including cameras, lenses and lighting.
- Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of innovative software and tools for use in virtual productions
- Collaborate with production and creative teams on the best use of virtual productsaction technology for a production
- Responsible for the operational stability of the entire virtual production workflow on set
- Create virtual environments in Unreal Engine to meet the needs and scope of the director’s production and vision.
- On-stage operation of motion capture, video processor systems and the Unreal Engine platform
- Develop and lead the technical scene team, including Unreal Engine developers and operators
- Sharing virtual production best practices with NBCUniversal production units
- Work directly with production to investigate and resolve urgent issues related to custom pipeline tools
- Ensure seamless transition of assets and animations between Maya and Unreal Engine
- Actively participate in discussions, reviews and critiques of the production
- Troubleshooting, profiling, and optimizing game engine scenes and tools
- Assist the team in preparing footage for rendering in Unreal
Let’s talk about you…
• Flawless Executer – You get things done! With strong business acumen, organizational and superior process/project management skills, you prioritize and execute many complex projects in parallel.
• Communicates easily – You master the words. You can develop and present compelling business cases at senior management level and you have expert negotiation skills.
• Growth Leader – You are a proven leader known for challenging the status quo, introducing new and better ways to get results, being a financial “owner” of your budget and leading change, sometimes requiring decisions difficult.
What you must have:
• 5+ years of experience as Technical Director, Virtual Production Engineer or related role
• Prior experience with Epic Unreal Engine including sequencer, lighting effects, optimization and NDisplay on active production
• 2+ years of experience with 3D asset creation software including Maya and Blender
• Extensive experience in system-level troubleshooting of Windows or Linux operating systems
• Previous experience with production systems (Graphics, audio mixing, video mixers, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience troubleshooting video and audio signal streams
• Network or IT related troubleshooting and experience with tools such as Puppet, Wireshark, Powershell
Additional Job Requirements
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submit your vaccination record no later than 7 days after starting employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the company determines that your position requires access to an NBCUniversal job site.
- Must be willing to adhere to all company workplace safety policies and protocols related to COVID-19.
What would make you a star:
• Detail-oriented and resourceful with a willingness to learn
• Experience communicating with creative clients to gather requirements and create workflows
• Ability to combine technical skills and artistic abilities to create preview and photorealistic environments for episodic work and features
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a leading motion picture company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class theme parks and ad-supported premium service. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for inclusion for all. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities in which we live, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and our impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, uniformed service membership, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.